Nova Systems is a leading Australian owned Engineering and Project Management Consultancy servicing Defence industry, and our Commercial clients. Our Defence operations to date have delivered Engineering support across a number of Defence projects areas, including:
As a result, Nova Systems has permanent employment opportunities and is actively hiring professionals to provide Engineering and Project Management services across our defence capabilities in our Canberra office.
- Satellite Communications
- Maritime including SEA1180 Off Shore Patrol Boat and SEA1000 Future Submarine
- Aviation including AIR7000 P-8 Poseidon
- Explosive Munitions
- Electronic Warfare
What we would like from you:
What it’s like to work with us:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Systems Engineering, Mechanical, Software Engineering, Aeronautical/Aerospace, Communications, Electronics / Electrical or Avionics);
- Australian Citizen with current or recently suspended AGSVA clearance (NV1 preferred);
- Minimum 3-6 years’ experience in a Defence environment (preferred);
- Previous CASG (DMO), CDG or SPO experience would be highly regarded;
- Have a passion for consulting and the Defence industry;
- Motivated with a solution focused approach to problem solving with strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent client management/stakeholder engagement skills;
- Commitment to on-going professional development.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Monika in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.