Nova Systems is the largest Australian owned and controlled Defence engineering services company. Since our foundation in Adelaide 20 years ago, Nova Systems and its people have been providing sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force – playing a critical role in the defence and security of our nation.As an organisation which has grown from two employees 20 years ago, to over 850 full time employees and active sub-contractors across Australia and around the globe, we are accustomed to navigating and finding solutions to solve the problems that matter with pace and agility.With revenue of over AUD 200 million, Nova Systems is a significant contributor to the Australian economy and national supply chain – providing jobs for Australians and contributing to the nation’s GDP.About the opportunity:
Nova Systems has an immediate permanent opportunity for an appropriately qualified professional to join our Newcastle Operations. You'll be working on site with clients participating in / leading Operational Test and Evaluation activities on RAAF fixed wing aircraft - primarily the E-7A Wedgetail.
Ideally, you'll come from an ADF Aviation background - Engineer / Air Combat Officer backgrounds highly regarded.
What you will be involved in:
Reporting to the Newcastle Operations Manager you will be responsible for;
Please note: This role may require some flying component. Further information on specific duties can be provided at interview
- Completion of T&E activities to support configuration changes to ADF aircraft;
- Completion of OT&E activities, including test planning, test conduct, and reporting;
- Completion of Acceptance T&E activities;
- Investigation, problem solving and reporting of aircraft issues reported by aircraft operators;
- Making recommendations from T&E activities.
What we would like from you:
What you get beyond the pay cheque:With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Australian Citizen (mandatory);
- AGSVA NV1 minimum;
- Min 5 years’ experience in an ADF Aerospace environment;
- RAAF E-7A Wedgetail operational or technical experience;
- BACH Degree qualified (Aerospace highly desirable) but will consider other qualifications;
- Graduate of any test pilot school (desirable);
- ADF recognised long course Flight Test qualification or NTPS OT&E Short course (desirable);
- NTPS / AFOTEC or another OT&E Short course (desirable);
- Experience with heavy aircraft flight test (desirable);
- Complex mission system testing (desirable);
- Previous RAAF ACO experience (desirable);
- Flexible, career driven and can work independently or part of a team;
- Able to fly on aircraft as part of T&E activities;
- Willingness to travel at times.
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Purchase Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Serena in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.