Nova Systems is the largest Australian owned and controlled Defence engineering services company. Since our foundation in Adelaide 20 years ago, Nova Systems and its people have been providing sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force – playing a critical role in the defence and security of our nation.
As an organisation which has grown from two employees 20 years ago, to over 850 full time employees and active sub-contractors across Australia and around the globe, we are accustomed to navigating and finding solutions to solve the problems that matter with pace and agility.
With revenue of over AUD 200 million, Nova Systems is a significant contributor to the Australian economy and national supply chain – providing jobs for Australians and contributing to the nation’s GDP.
About the opportunity:
We are hiring and celebrating 20 years as an Australian owned company!
Specialising in the provision of engineering and management services. Nova Systems provides industry and government with world class independent expertise in delivering complex projects and solving technologically challenging problems.
We have multiple permanent Engineering opportunities for professional engineers within our Canberra business. These roles work across mainly Defence project environments and provide the CoA with advice and Engineering services in capital acquisition.
If you have experience across Defence projects, then we would like to hear from you.
You may have experience across one or more of the following areas:
- Project Management;
- Project Engineering;
- Systems Engineering;
- Systems Integration;
- Verification and Validation (Including Test and Evaluation);
- Mechanical Engineering / Systems;
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering;
- Software Engineering;
- Systems Safety and Critical Systems;
- Tactical Communications and Command Links;
- Assurance and Compliance.
What you get beyond the pay cheque: With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".• Flexible working conditions;• Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;• Annual 3-day Conference;• Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;• Purchase Leave;• Reserve Leave;• Loyalty Leave;• Paid Parental Leave;• Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;• Serious Illness Leave;• Nova Employee Share Offer;• Mentoring Program;• Innovation Program;• Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Emma in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.
- Australian Citizen with an active or recently suspended NV1 AGSVA security clearance;
- A minimum of 2+ years' engineering experience - project based (minor or major);
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Aeronautical, Software, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electronics / Electrical or Avionics, Systems preferred) or similar engineering degree or;
- Diploma level with significant demonstrable experience across complex technical Defence projects;
- Experience within the CASG or ADF environments (highly regarded);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build rapport with our clients;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude;
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent client management skills.