About the opportunity:We have an immediate permanent opportunity for a C4I Manager to join our Canberra team to support our Defence client. The role involves coordinating and leading a team of specialist engineers, within a fast paced maritime acquisition Project Office. Ideally a former ADF Operator or an experienced Engineer with a strong Defence C4I background. Engineering and technical disciplines considered.Your responsibilities:
- Must be able to provide both written and verbal briefs to senior officers, Engineering Manager, Principal Engineer, Project Director, etc, on all matters C4I;
- Must be able to coordinate a team of subject matter experts across the full range of C4I domains;
- Prepare and review project documents;
- Review contract deliverables;
- Facilitate workshops and working groups, to achieve a capability outcome;
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and negotiate effectively to deliver business outcomes;
- Contribute to engineering review boards and risk review boards;
- Coordinate C4I team’s involvement in tests and trials;
- Coordinate external certification authorities to provide support and certification.
- Previous Defence communication systems experience and understanding of the defence C4I communications environment. This could include roles from within Army, Navy and RAAF;
- Current or recently suspended AGSVA NV1 clearance;
- Australian Citizen;
- Excellent written communication skills (Verbal, email and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels from Senior Managers down to end user, in a Defence context;
- Must be eligible to view US Export Controls technical data.
- Experience with either C4ISR, C4ISREW - highly desirable;
- Project Management experience - highly desirable;
- Understanding of Defence governance structures and acquisition process;
- Understanding of the new Capability Life Cycle and Program structure;
- Innovative thinker - not happily bound by the current system and willing to put forward ideas for improvement;
- Able to work in a joint integrated team environment;
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma highly regarded or;
- Technical qualification or significant industry experience;
- CASG Project Office experience desirable.
What it’s like to work with us:
- Robust communication skills (both written and verbal) including an understanding of current Defence writing standards;
- Good interpersonal skills (networking is a key asset);
- Proactive self-starter;
- Practical understanding of systems engineering (systems of systems);
- Broad Defence capability knowledge;
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button submitting your resume using the "upload resume" function. Please note the Nova Group Xmas shut-down period runs from the 20th Dec 2019 – 6th Jan 2020. As a result, responses to applications will not be monitored during this period. We will respond in the new year.Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call Monika in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitations.