Nova Group is an Australian owned and operated, leading global services provider. Founded in 2000, the Nova Group specialises in the provision of technology enabling solutions and world class expertise, to solve the problems that really matter.
Our businesses include professional services provider Nova Systems, aerospace engineering firm GVH Aerospace, Geospatial firm Geoplex, and software as a service firm two10degrees. With over 600 employees, we operate in offices across Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, United Kingdom and Europe.
At Nova, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage passion, learning, entrepreneurial outlooks and innovative thinking, and provide our people with a culture built on our values of Trust, Professionalism, Passion and Community.
We have consistently been named as a BRW Best Place to Work and in the BRW Most Innovative Companies list, and in 2019, our Graduate Program was awarded Defence Connects Graduate Program of the Year.
This year, we celebrate our 20-year anniversary and our rich history. Importantly, we look to continue to harness our entrepreneurial spirit to achieve success for the next 20 years and beyond. The role of Group Chief People Officer is instrumental in enabling us to continue to build a high performing and engaged team for our future success. Join us and experience what makes Nova a great place to work.
To achieve this, we have already embarked on a journey to assess the current state of the business, achieve alignment on our desired future state, and to develop a strategy and a plan to achieve transformation. The Group Chief People Officer (GCPO) role will play an instrumental part in this journey. This will occur with a continued focus on improving employee engagement, providing regular transparent and honest communications, and building a high-performance workforce fit for a continually changing future.
Reporting to the Group CEO (GCEO), this role will deliver influence at the most senior levels of the Group. It will develop and implement strategies that support the Nova Group’s ambitious growth. Leading a talented group of people focused professionals, this role is responsible for the management of the People and Cultural aspects of our business, for the benefit of all employees and business success, and ensuring productive business operations across multiple domestic locations with consideration of global scalability.
The role can be based anywhere in Australia
The GCPO will be responsible for ensuring that the Nova Group continues to maintain its strong people and culture focus, through effective communication and implementation of contemporary HR focus in alignment with the Group’s strategy. You will oversee our employee engagement, to ensure we build a resilient, dependable and job ready workforce, that has the right people to deliver complex solutions for our clients. This will occur through effective communication, implementation of pioneering people practices and behaviours in alignment with the Group’s strategic goals, objectives and values.
The GCPO will deliver HR expertise, determining and directing a Group’s people goals and strategies to support productive and profitable business operations with consideration of global scalability.
Your responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
Who are you?
- Oversee the successful strategic, operational and administration of the Group’s People and Culture related business, including
- People, Leadership and high-performance teams;
- Remuneration, rewards and benefits;
- Attraction, engagement and retention;
- Inclusion and Diversity programs;
- Learning and development;
- Career Development pathways;
- People focused culture and accountability;
- Working environment, well-being and a Great Place to Work;
- Capability and workforce planning;
- Succession Planning; and
- Employee relations, legislation and regulatory compliance
- Ensure overall governance, management and strategic direction of the People and Culture business and deliver accountable professional performance in accordance to the Group’s goals and values
- Identifying priority people related opportunities in a proactive way - creating, developing and implement strategic solutions and tactical action plans to address complex people and culture challenges
- Develop an innovative and adaptive People and Culture Framework and Philosophy and implement globally (or as appropriate following BR)
- Play a role as a key thought leader for the Group by regularly assessing the Group’s people and business performance and offering transformational guidance
- Support the business in acquisition and merger activities and assessments
- Implement financial management, delegations and budgets through the People and Culture business
- Communicate with impact, meaning, understanding and consistency
We are looking for someone who:
- Act ethically and credibly
- Is a people person with proven emotional intelligence
- Business driven and courageous
- Treats people fairly and with respect
- Collaborates and is future oriented
- Thrives with change and uncertainty
- Strategically and operationally minded
- Opportunity finder and issues resolver
- Is a stakeholder mentor and coach
- Culture and change leader
- Bachelor of Human Resources, Business, Strategy or related area, or equivalent work experience;
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or MBA’S preferred, or, equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a leadership role, in a HR-related field, in dynamic multi-national organisation;
- Significant exposure to large complex organisations (engineering, professional services, consultancy) preferred;
- Experience in the areas or transformation, strategy and operations;
- Ability to set clear expectations, and delivery feedback and coaching that motivates;
- Outstanding analytic and problem-solving skills;
- Proven data-driven decision-making to continually add more value to the business and its bottom-line;
- Exceptional skill in communicating complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to drive a culture of positivity, teamwork, collaboration and inclusion;
- Legal literacy to ensure a culture of compliance and integrity at every level of the organization;
- Ability to seamlessly navigate a diverse and complex organization;
- Effective communication, facilitation, persuasion and influencing skills and ability to negotiate and diffuse conflict;
- Executive management capabilities to effectively assess the business environment coupled with a high degree of emotional intelligence to gain the trust and commitment necessary for transformative change and;
- Australian Citizenship (Preferred) due the nature of our Defence related activities.
Having experience in the following is desirable:
What is it like to work with us:
- Remuneration Strategy and Remuneration Philosophy Reviews
- Bench-marking analyses
- Organisation and role design
- Incentive design and implementation
- Performance management design and implementation
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" in Australia.
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function.
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Jason Wright – Nova Group Talent Acquisition Manager (08) 8252 7100.
Join us and help shape the future of what makes Nova a great place to work.