The Company:GVH Aerospace is a niche CASA Part 21 & EASA 21J aviation design consultancy with a strong, employee focussed culture and highly professional work ethic. Currently experiencing strong growth in the civil airline, rotary wing and special mission sectors, we are seeking a talented Principal Certification Engineer to meet the growing demand of opportunities from within the Australia Pacific region, as well as our UK and Singapore design offices. Opportunities exist to work as part of a global and dynamic team environment both locally and abroad. We seek candidates who are driven by the success of the team, but can work autonomously with confidence, and who are motivated by opportunities for both professional and career development.Role:GVH Aerospace currently has the following permanent position available:Principal Certification Engineer (Structures & Mechanical Systems)Working in this dynamic and growing team environment, the Principal Certification Engineer will provide crucial support to the Design Office team, the Project Managers, the other Principal Engineers, the Head of Design, and the Chief of the Office of Airworthiness. The candidate will have previous experience in technical leadership of structures and mechanical systems design and certification projects, in an aerospace design office environment; and will have a principal level understanding of EASA (or equivalent) certification requirements.As an integral part of the design office, the candidate will ideally be a flexible team member and be capable of leading project teams of technical personnel. The candidate will also be required to support the Operations Management functions of the company by assisting in the development of quotations and taking on client liaison activities when required.Career progression opportunities exist in engineering, project management and commercial focused positions, dependant on performance, and across our international locations, dependant on business need. GVH Aerospace encourages continuing professional development and self-motivated career growth.Above all the candidate will perform their role with integrity and have a strong sense of responsibility and pride both in their work and the work of the broader team.The candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:Essential:
- EASA 21J CVE (or CASA Authorised Person) experience within the structures and mechanical systems fields.
- Proven experience providing leadership to small teams in a design office environment.
- Principal level understanding of EASA (or equivalent) certification standards and requirements.
- Sound task and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
What is it like to work with us?
- Demonstrated history of working directly with customers at a technical level.
- Experience in planning, managing and delivering aircraft design related projects.
- Experience in aerospace product design and certification.
- Experience working with design and production partners and suppliers.
- Able to undertake short-term travel to Australia Pacific and global destinations as project requirements dictate.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque?
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function.
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Jason Wright in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.