Nova Systems is a Professional Service Provider, specialising in the provision of engineering and management services, providing industry and government with world class independent expertise in delivering complex projects and solving technologically challenging problems.About the opportunity:Nova Systems has immediate, permanent opportunities for Test & Trials Specialists to join our Canberra Operations. You'll be working on site with our Defence client participating in and/or managing Test and Trials activities, incorporating all of the Acceptance, Developmental and Operational T&E disciplines across a range of Defence platforms and equipment. Other responsibilities could include the application of these Test and Trials services for our non-Defence clients such as those in the Mining, Utilities and Rail sectors.As a preference, you will have significant experience in running Defence Test and Trials or OT&E developed activities in either LAND, Joint and/or Maritime/Aerospace or Communications / SATCOM programs. Alternatively, if you are a Defence Systems Engineer, with a strong desire to become a Test Specialist we would encourage you to apply with us for on the job training.Ex-Defence members strongly encouraged to apply.What will you be involved in:
Further information on specific duties can be provided at interview.What we would like from you:
- Developing, Running and Reporting on a range of Test and Trials activities for our CoA client;
- Completion of client OT&E objectives;
- Liaising and coordinating Test and Trials activities with the Dept of Defence;
- Mentoring more junior Test and Trials and T&E team members;
- Advising clients on Test and Trials matters.
- Australian Citizen (mandatory);
- A BACH Degree (preferred) or a Diploma or technical qualification (considered);
- Demonstrable experience as a Test and Trials practitioner (preferred);
- Experience developing Test and Trials document suite (preferred) or experience in developing systems engineering document suites (Test/Operational Concept Document, T&E/Engineering Master Plan);
- Experience developing, running and reporting on Test and Trials Activities (preferred) or Design/Systems Engineering Activities (considered);
- Baseline or NV1 (preferred) clearance.
Highly regarded test professions:
- Tertiary qualified (BACH Degree highly desirable) or equivalent recognised T&E short course qualifications or demonstrable experience in T&E;
- Experience with ADF and or Commercial Airworthiness/Maritime/Land regulatory frameworks (highly regarded);
- Experience with ADF platforms;
- NTPS / AFOTEC or another OT&E Short course;
- ADF recognised long course Flight Test qualification (highly regarded);
- CTMC/ATSOC qualification.
- Test and Trials Managers/Practitioners;
- Test Engineer;
- Flight Test Engineer;
- Flight Test Radar;
- Flight Test Navigator/ACO;
- Flight Test Pilot.
What is it like to work with us:As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.What you get beyond the pay cheque:With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" in Australia.• Flexible working conditions;• Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;• Annual 3-day Conference;• Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;• Reserve Leave;• Loyalty Leave;• Purchased Leave;• Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;• Serious Illness Leave;• Nova Employee Share Offer;• Mentoring Program;• Innovation Program;• Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function.Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Monika in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.No recruitment agencies please.
- Flexible, career driven and can work independently or part of a team;
- Willingness to travel at times.