Did you know Team Nova is a Major Service Provider to the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) within the Australian Department of Defence? Comprised of Nova Systems, QinetiQ and PwC, Team Nova offers a true sovereign capability committed to growing the capacity of CASG and industry over the coming decade to deliver on the Integrated Investment Program. We’ve already commenced multiple long-term Integrated Work Packages in the following branches, and we look forward to being involved in many more in the near future.
- Long term, secure work packages – 5+ years
- Australian owned consultancy
- Strong company culture with excellent employee benefits
About the opportunity:
- Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Electronic Warfare Branch (ISREW)
- Explosive Materiel Branch (EMB)
- Communication Systems Branch
- Aerospace Surveillance and Response Branch (ASR)
- Air Training and Aviation Common System Program Office (ATACSPO)
- Land Services Division (LSD)
We have immediate opportunities for Defence Project Managers to provide support across a number of Defence projects in Canberra. Our Project Managers work across Defence Aerospace, Communications, Maritime and Land programs supporting Government in delivering strategic capability for Australia.What will you be involved in:
What we would like from you:
- Overseeing all aspects of planning and implementation of project deliverables to support project objectives;
- Development of Operational Concept Documents, Joint Capability Needs Statements, Project Execution Strategies, and other allied documents to support the Government project approval process;
- Liaising with Project Managers and Engineers on Pre-Gate 2 projects;
- Development of Government policy in support of acquisition, sustainment, and operation of key Defence capabilities.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
- Australian Citizen with potential to gain an AGSVA clearance essential;
- Project Management qualifications or certification, or equivalent in years of experience;
- Project Management experience across complex Defence projects;
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle;
- Project Pre-Gate 2 experience (desirable);
- Experience within the CASG or ADF environments (desirable);
- A graduate of the Defence Capability Technology Management Program (desirable);
- PMP or Prince2 certification (desirable);
- Excellent written and verbal communication and client management skills;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call Emma in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitations.