About the role Having recently celebrated our 10-year anniversary, Geoplex has several exciting web development projects we are looking to hire for. As a Developer you will be responsible for designing and building situational awareness and data visualisation applications that enable our clients to make informed decisions. Geography is at the heart of what we do, and you will have the opportunity to work with geospatial data and mapping technologies. Planned Burns Victoria and MyVictoria are recent example of projects we have delivered. A Melbourne based candidate is preferred. However, this role can be performed remotely so the candidate's physical location being flexible. What will you be involved in:
What we would like from you:
- Building situational awareness and data visualisation products that end users love.
- Working within a talented and motivated multidisciplinary team, with a focus on building high quality software solutions and products;
- Implementing solutions using contemporary technologies, frameworks and approaches e.g. Vue, AWS, Serverless, Infrastructure as Code;
- Technical solution design and driving coding standards;
- Delivering exciting projects in the Geospatial (GIS) domain (see our website for examples);
- Working in a collaborative, lean and agile environment.
What is it like to work with us? We’re a team of talented and respected professionals who design and build awesome solutions that enable clients to see their world from a new perspective. We combine advanced technology knowhow, with specialist geospatial knowledge, to generate actionable insights and solve the problems that really matter. Having already established an amazing reputation, our vision is to become Australia’s most respected consultancy in the geospatial domain. We pride ourselves on transparency, compassion for our people and have a safe, fun and inclusive environment where everyone has the freedom to be themselves. We are flexible in the way we work, committed to continuous improvement and constantly bringing new ideas to life. We want you to be part of this exciting journey! About Geoplex Geoplex is a member of The Nova Group, a group of companies with a broad range of professional services to assist in defining, managing and delivering complex projects and solving challenging problems. As the geospatial and software development capability of Nova Group, we contribute to a growing business, while maintaining our own strategic goals and freedom. Nova Group works with a diverse range of clients across sectors including Rail, Aviation, Government, Defence, Telecommunications, Utilities, Energy and Resources. What you get beyond the pay cheque? With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Demonstrated recent experience building web applications with modern frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS and Vue.js
- Experience with Vue.js, Vuex and Nuxt and Vue Test Utils highly regarded
- Experience unit testing with Jest highly regarded
- Experience using Charting libraries such as Chart.js
- Experience using Git source control management
- Demonstrated skills in modern software development techniques such as object orientation, API development, test driven development and continuous delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud computing, specifically AWS and/or Azure Services and associated processes, systems and integration;
- A passion for working in a team environment and a desire to learn new skills and share your knowledge;
- Experience with Open Source GIS platforms highly regarded but not a must.
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Monika in our internal talent team on (08) 8252 7100. Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.
- Flexible working conditions
- Staff engagement; birthdays, social committee events.
- Annual work conference.
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!