Did you know Nova Systems is a Major Service Provider to the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) within the Australian Department of Defence? Comprised of Nova Systems, QinetiQ and PwC, Team Nova offers a true sovereign capability committed to growing the capacity of CASG and industry over the coming decade to deliver on the Integrated Investment Program. We’ve already commenced multiple long term Integrated Work Packages in Aerospace Systems Division and Joint Systems Division of CASG.
- Long term, secure work packages – 5+ years
- Australian owned consultancy
- Strong company culture with excellent employee benefits
About the opportunities:
Team Nova has successfully been awarded Integrated Work Packages (IWP’s) in the following branches and looks forward to being involved in many more in the near future.
As a result, we have many current permanent, long-term, secure opportunities within these Integrated Work Packages. If you have experience in Defence Acquisition, procurement or sustainment projects, we’d like to speak with you.About the role:We have an immediate opportunity for a qualified RF Communications Engineer to support our client delivering a range of enhancements for a Defence project.What you will be involved in:
- Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Electronic Warfare Branch (ISREW)
- Explosive Materiel Branch (EMB)
- Communication Systems Branch
- Aerospace Surveillance and Response Branch (ASR)
- Air Training and Aviation Common System Program Office (ATACSPO)
- Land Services Division (LSD)
What we would like from you:
- Scoping and planning how engineering tasks will be completed in order to necessary engineering outcomes and schedules, including making risk-based decisions on what tasks receive priority of effort;
- Setting priorities for a team, and clearly communicating priorities, schedules and necessary deliverables;
- Authoring and reviewing test/trial test instructions and test reports related to communication systems and equipment, such as RADHAZ, electromagnetic interference/compatibility (EMI/EMC), electrical power budgets, and environmental effects on equipment;
- Authoring and reviewing safety case reports, hazard logs, and risk assessments related to communication systems and equipment;
- Authoring and reviewing formal engineering reports related to communication systems and equipment, such as technical investigation reports;
- Developing engineering change proposals for communication systems and equipment;
- Organising and coordinating test activities;
- Organising and leading stakeholder meetings;
- Authoring and reviewing engineering plans for communications systems;
- Ability to own deliverables, lead discussions, manage stakeholders and deliver autonomously.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Australian Citizen with an NV1 AGSVA Security clearance;
- Experience in delivering communications engineering plans and reports for Defence or CASG;
- Experience in the engineering management system (EMS) as used by Land Systems Division;
- Experience in integrating C4I / ICT systems onto heavy/Defence vehicles;
- Bachelor of Engineering qualifications recognisable by Engineers Australia;
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams;
- Ability to provide strategic guidance to influence decision makers;
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong Engineering and technical writing;
- Able to hold and access DPN and DSN accounts;
- Flexibility around hours to host teleconferences between suppliers nationally.
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Purchase Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Serena in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.