Team Nova is part of the Major Service Provider to the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) within the Australian Department of Defence. Comprised of Nova Systems, QinetiQ and PwC, Team Nova offers a true sovereign capability committed to growing the capacity of CASG and industry over the coming decade to deliver on the Integrated Investment Program. Team Nova has successfully been awarded several Integrated Work Packages (IWP’s). These IWP's provide us the ability to offer long term, secure work opportunities.
About the opportunity:Nova is seeking an experienced project controller to join one of our IWP delivery teams supporting an interesting portfolio of Defence acquisition projects within CASG. You will work directly for the Nova IWP Lead to ensure we deliver value to our client by developing and managing a portfolio time-based Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) containing the networked, detailed tasks necessary to ensure successful program/contract execution. The IMS will represent the contracted baseline and outline the entire scope of effort, including the effort necessary from all Commonwealth, contractor, and other key parties for the program’s successful execution.Once the IMS is in place you will monitor and evaluate project contract baselines and oversight of associated task/activities to ensure that the overall program is meeting budgetary and deadline goals. You will also develop reports outlining the progress of each project covering, schedule changes, project scope adjustments and resourcing changes.What we would like from you:
- Long term, secure work packages – 5+ years;
- Australian owned consultancy;
- Strong company culture with excellent employee benefits.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" in Australia.
- Extensive experience (5- 10 years) in project scheduling;
- Have demonstrated experience managing a Programmatic Integrated Management Schedule, developing work breakdown structures and resource planning;
- Advanced skills in Open Plan and/or Microsoft Project scheduling applications;
- A good understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles, work breakdown structures and resource planning;
- Experience in working with a diverse range of stakeholders and the ability to elicit relevant information pertaining to work progress;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organisational and written/oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail and able to meet time constrained deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Australian Citizen with a current or suspended AGSVA NV2 clearance.
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Emma in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.