GVH Aerospace is a niche EASA 21J aviation design consultancy with a strong, employee focussed culture and highly professional work ethic. Currently experiencing strong growth in the civil airline, rotary wing and special mission sectors, we are seeking talented engineers to meet the growing demand of opportunities from within Asia and Europe.
Opportunities exist to work as part of a global and dynamic team environment both locally and abroad. We seek candidates who are driven by the success of the team, but can work autonomously with confidence, and who are motivated by opportunities for both professional and career development.
About the opportunity:
Working in this dynamic and growing team environment, the Cabin Safety Design Engineer, will provide crucial design support to the Singapore Design Office team in the Commercial Aircraft Sector. You should also possess key attributes to support the sales team in proposal and quote development.
As an integral part of the design office, you will ideally be a flexible team member who is able to conduct working level commercial aircraft design activities relating to cabin safety as well as taking on basic project management activities.
You will also be required to communicate with clients at project and technical level and support sales functions by with proposal development.
Career progression opportunities exist within GVH Aerospace, dependent on performance, and across our international locations, dependent on business need. GVH Aerospace encourages continuing professional development and self-motivated career growth.
Above all you will perform your role with integrity and have a strong sense of responsibility and pride both in your work and the work of the broader team. This is an engineering role, and the successful employee for this position will have the opportunity to transit into other roles in technical sales and key account management in the future.
This role is located in Singapore.
The candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary Qualified in a recognised Aerospace Engineering Discipline;
- Demonstrated track records in Cabin Safety and Crashworthiness is essential; however, background in both Cabin Safety and Structures disciplines would be preferred. Candidate should possess at least 4 years of commercial aircraft engineering and technical experience.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the area of flammability testing and/or aircraft seat static and dynamics testing would be an advantage;
- Strong background and experience working as part of an EASA Part 21 Subpart J organisation is preferred;
- Experience working with recognised CAD programs (AutoCAD and Solidworks preferred);
- Excellent task and time management skills;
- Confident to conduct aircraft surveys worldwide, preferably with experience of working on aircraft;
- Solid interpersonal skills and a demonstrated history of working directly with customers at a project and technical level.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
- Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work accurately under pressure in order to meet deadlines;
- Proven team player in a multi-cultural environment;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong negotiation skills;
- Be a clear communicator both written and verbal;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude;
- Willingness to learn;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Able to self-manage performance and have a strong sense of personal accountability;
- Willing to travel to the customers locations as needed.
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" in Australia.
- Flexible working conditions;
- Annual 2-day Retreat / Conference;
- Personal flexible and professional development benefits;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact the Nova's Talent Acquisition Team in Australia on 61 (8) 8252 7100