About the opportunity:
We have immediate permanent employment opportunities for Systems Engineers, supporting a number of Defence Acquisition Projects in Canberra. As a result, we are actively hiring professionals to provide Engineering and Project Management services across a range of defence capabilities. Team Nova, have been selected by CASG as one of their four MSPs to provide ‘Strategic Partner’, ‘Capability Partner’ and ‘Integrated Work Partner’ services for up to the next 11 years.
If you are looking for a secure working environment, with a strong forward order book, not to mention private ownership with a very strong culture and competitive employee benefits, then we could be the right company for you. View our website for more information.
What will you be involved in:
What we would like from you:
- Project Development and Delivery;
- Preparing for systems engineering program reviews;
- Development of systems engineering plans and procedures;
- Supporting requirements definition, allocation and management;
- Capability Acquisition and Delivery.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Engineering degree (Aerospace, Electronics / Electrical, Mechanical / Mechatronic, Systems Engineering or other relevant engineering field);
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the Defence Acquisition environment;
- Minimum 2-5 years of systems engineering experience;
- Previous experience working in the CASG or SPO environments (highly regarded).
- Ex ADF disciplines highly regarded.
- Experience developing FPS and OCD's (advantageous).
- Australian Citizenship with a current or recently suspended AGSVA clearance (NV1 preferred however will consider BASELINE);
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build rapport with our clients;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Purchase Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Serena in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.