About the opportunity:
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to manage the final stages of delivery and implementation of a current Defence Project. The Project has achieved final material release and is progressing to Final Operating Capability (FOC) declaration. The declaration will require the development and compilation of high-level reports and documents, and to collaborate with both Capability Manager stakeholders and CASG.Post the FOC, the Project Manager will be responsible to manage the remediation and forward work plan, in consultation with relevant capability stakeholders and CASG. This particular task is anticipated to be complete by the end of Jun 2021, however you will be re-deployed onto other Nova projects upon completion. Your responsibilities not limited to:
- Liaising with relevant capability project managers, stakeholders and CASG members;
- Report writing and providing regular milestone updates;
- Manage and report on schedule and progress of outstanding project deliverables;
- Report to key stakeholders and the Director (stakeholder) on all aspects of the project;
- Provide input to stakeholders / Departmental and Government documents and reports;
- Coordinate and facilitate stakeholder user input and support to project activities;
- Coordinate stakeholder input to project progression and closure documents, e.g. Project Closure Report, etc
- Australian Citizen with current or recently suspended AGSVA clearance essential;
- Project Management qualifications or certification, or equivalent in years of experience;
- Project Management experience across complex Defence projects – preferred minimum 5 years;
- Experience in achieving final operating capability;
- A graduate of the Defence Capability Technology Management Program is highly regarded but not essential;
- PMP or Prince2 certification highly regarded;
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Lifecycle;
- Project Pre-Gate 2 experience is desirable;
- Experience within the CASG or ADF environments highly regarded;
What it’s like to work with us:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and client management skills;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent client management skills.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call Jason in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitations.