Nova Systems is the largest Australian owned and controlled Defence engineering services company. Since our foundation in Adelaide 20 years ago, Nova Systems and its people have been providing sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force – playing a critical role in the defence and security of our nation.
As an organisation which has grown from two employees 20 years ago, to over 850 full time employees and active sub-contractors across Australia and around the globe, we are accustomed to navigating and finding solutions to solve the problems that matter with pace and agility.
With revenue of over AUD 200 million, Nova Systems is a significant contributor to the Australian economy and national supply chain – providing jobs for Australians and contributing to the nation’s GDP.
About the opportunity:
Did you know Nova Systems is a Major Service Provider to the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) within the Australian Department of Defence? Comprised of Nova Systems, QinetiQ and PwC, Team Nova offers a true sovereign capability committed to growing the capacity of CASG and industry over the coming decade to deliver on the Integrated Investment Program. Defence is considering a fundamental change to the manner in which capability development is managed, involving a focus on the management of broad and enduring Capability Programs rather than the traditional project focus. Defence has established an implementation project focussed on developing and implementing the new program management approach, composed of a core team and a series of Domain-oriented teams. The Domain Embedded Team Lead will be responsible for managing a small team implementing the necessary governance, processes, policies, and procedures to support the Program Management reform within one Domain.This role is a contract role till 30 June 2021, working on average 3 day per week.
What will you be involved in:
What experience we would like from you:
- Accountable for providing leadership and direction to ensure a high-level of integration and consistency across the Defence acquisition and Product Management function.
- Accountable for managing and leading a team, including providing clear and consistent communication, setting clear performance and behavioural standards, managing performance, delegating responsibility, and guiding and developing people.
- Accountable for planning and managing allocated resources, setting program priorities, workflows, work area strategies and evaluating business outcomes.
- Accountable for the development, implementation, and monitoring of product management strategies, plans and risks, enabling delivery and reporting on the requirements and expectations of the management of Defence assets.
- Draw upon detailed knowledge to review, analyse and report on product performance.
- Integrate risk management into planning, decision making and priority setting.
- Engage, negotiate, and sustain working relationships on very complex issues to understand and influence the stakeholder requirements.
- Build and sustain productive working relationships to enable effective transition of the Defence asset through the capability lifecycle.
- Analyse and implement product management options that achieve optimal use of Defence assets, balancing cost, opportunities, and risks against desired asset performance.
- Drive change management strategies and provide clear direction to manage performance and meet program office timeframes and deliverables.
Qualifications and Clearances:
- Managing Successful Programs Certification (highly desirable)
- Managing Successful Programs training (highly desirable)
- Headquarters Program Management experience (highly desirable)
- Minimum NV1 security clearance
- Ability to engage at Band 1 levels
- CASG Product Management experience.
What it’s like to work with us:
- Ability to operate independently and within a small team to deliver against rigid timelines
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Understanding of Defence writing standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build rapport with our clients.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call Monika in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitations.