Nova Systems is the largest Australian owned and controlled Defence engineering services company. Since our foundation in Adelaide 20 years ago, Nova Systems and its people have been providing sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force – playing a critical role in the defence and security of our nation.
As an organisation which has grown from two employees 20 years ago, to over 850 full time employees and active sub-contractors across Australia and around the globe, we are accustomed to navigating and finding solutions to solve the problems that matter with pace and agility.
With revenue of over AUD 200 million, Nova Systems is a significant contributor to the Australian economy and national supply chain – providing jobs for Australians and contributing to the nation’s GDP.
About the opportunity:
Did you know Nova Systems is a Major Service Provider to the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) within the Australian Department of Defence? Comprised of Nova Systems, QinetiQ and PwC, Team Nova offers a true sovereign capability committed to growing the capacity of CASG and industry over the coming decade to deliver on the Integrated Investment Program. Defence is considering a fundamental change to the manner in which capability development is managed, involving a focus on the management of broad and enduring Capability Programs rather than the traditional project focus. Defence has established an implementation project focussed on developing and implementing the new program management approach, composed of a core team and a series of Domain-oriented teams. The Domain Embedded Team Lead will be responsible for managing a small team implementing the necessary governance, processes, policies, and procedures to support the Program Management reform within one Domain.
What will you be involved in:Your primary roles include:
What experience we would like from you:
- Guide and support the establishment of program organisation and governance structures within the assigned Domain, including Program Management Offices (PgMOs) and Program Steering Groups (PSGs) and their associated Terms of Reference
- Identify and assist the resolution of impediments to Program management within Domains and Divisions including referring matters from the domain to the Core team, and vice-versa
- Analyse proposed changes to the management and execution of the Defence Capability Life Cycle and associated processes in order to identify and address the impact of those changes on current policy and processes within the Domain
- Identify and share best practice examples of Program Management activity and promote continuous improvement of Program Management
- Guide and support the design and development of Capability Program Strategies
- Guide and support the design and development of Capability Program Management Plans and related delivery-oriented material
- Guide and support the design and implementation of Program-oriented information management and information analysis capabilities (cells) for each program and/or domain
- Drive and encourage standardisation of documents, practices and behaviours across Programs
- Prepare submissions and support consideration of relevant issues by a 2-star Governance Board
- Prepare regular progress and performance reports.
Qualifications and Clearances:
- Strong understanding of the assigned Domain, either (JOINT, Space, Information and Cyber, CIOG and E&IG) and associated delivery organisations and structures
- Understanding of program management at an enterprise scale
- Experience establishing and/or running enterprise program management offices
- Experience in the Managing Successful Programmes methodology
- Understanding of Defence Capability Development and Defence higher committee approval processes
- Knowledge of Defence (particularly CASG) acquisition and sustainment processes
- Minimum NV1 security clearance
- MSP practitioner
- Current Defence Access & DPN accounts (highly desirable)
What it’s like to work with us:
- Ability to operate independently and also within a small team to deliver against rigid timelines
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Understanding of Defence writing standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build rapport with our clients;
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call Monika in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitations.