About our opportunity:
Did you know Nova Systems is a Major Service Provider to the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) within the Australian Department of Defence? Comprised of Nova Systems, QinetiQ and PwC, Team Nova offers a true sovereign capability committed to growing the capacity of CASG and industry over the coming decade to deliver on the Integrated Investment Program. We’ve already commenced multiple long term Integrated Work Packages in Aerospace Systems Division and Joint Systems Division of CASG.
As the Integrated Work Package (IWP) Lead – Aerospace, Surveillance & Response (ASR) Branch, reporting to the General Manager for Aerospace and Surveillance, you will be responsible for the effective complex project management, client management, and profitable delivery of services provided to contracted clients within this Branch. You will have a high passion and drive for achieving business growth, be highly motivated, thrive working in a high-performance team, and have a passion for supporting Nova’s CASG client.
What you will be involve with:
What we would like from you:
- Maintaining a pro-active client relationship with the CASG End-Clients;
- IWP task analysis and work package design (co-designed with the CASG End-Client);
- Complex Programme & Project management of delivery of the services and deliverables required by the relevant Services contract;
- Implementing continuous improvement in Services Delivery;
- Open Air project management, risk management and budget management;
- Managing the team of IWP Team Leads and team members performing IWP service delivery;
- Managing and coordinating assigned personnel to best deliver all Work Package outcomes;
- Coordinating all required MSP and IWP reporting across the IWP projects;
What is it like to work with us:
- Australian Citizen with an active or recently suspended AGSVA Security Clearance;
- A good understanding of Nova’s and CASG’s respective businesses;
- Ability to provide a high level of support for Projects and Clients;
- Demonstrated complex project management skills, with a proven ability to define and deliver outcomes focused work packages in a fixed price environment.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership abilities
- A vision for how we can deliver better outcomes for both Nova and CASG;
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with peers, clients, and subcontractors;
- Ability to lead, manage and mentor project staff;
- Ability to present open, honest, and constructive communication with all staff and managers;
- A proactive attitude that brings drive, energy, and passion to the role;
- A focus on collaboration, cooperation, and consultation;
- Strong verbal and written communications;
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills;
- Mature political and cultural awareness;
- Demonstrated complex project management skills;
- A willingness to frequently contribute beyond the contracted rate of effort when required;
- Program domain experience desirable.
As a Australian privately owned professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" in Australia.
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Serena in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.