Nova Systems is the largest Australian owned and controlled Defence engineering services company. Since our foundation in Adelaide 20 years ago, Nova Systems and its people have been providing sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force – playing a critical role in the defence and security of our nation.
As an organisation which has grown from two employees 20 years ago, to over 850 full time employees and active sub-contractors across Australia and around the globe, we are accustomed to navigating and finding solutions to solve the problems that matter with pace and agility.
With revenue of over AUD 200 million, Nova Systems is a significant contributor to the Australian economy and national supply chain – providing jobs for Australians and contributing to the nation’s GDP.
About the opportunity:
As the Complex Bid Coordinator (Capture and Tenders) for the Nova Group you are responsible for all administrative aspects of bid / tender proposal development – ensuring security and integrity of all proposal documentation, coordinating internal flow and review of all proposal inputs, and directing production of the final master proposal. You will report directly to the Group Capture Architect (GCA) and work closely with our Chief of Strategy and Capability (CSC). You are required to comply with the requirements of your employment contract and the Nova Group Business Management System. Above all you are required to behave ethically and always in the best interests of the Nova Group.
Whilst our preference is Sydney, we will entertain applicants from other cities provided they meet the criteria.
Reporting to the Group Capture Architect, your responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Knowledge management for bid / tender responses;
- Owner of proposal / bid templates;
- Document coordination for complex/significant bids/proposals;
- Book-keeping (central POC, look & feel, collation of all inputs etc.);
- Proposal graphics development and bid writing support;
- Support Bid Lead in the administration of running the overhead-project;
- Project Support Officer (PSO) support to CSC team;
- Development of other business areas, as directed by the CSC;
- Adherence to company guidelines and standard operating procedures as set down by the company;
- Compliance to all Nova Group WHS policies and procedures and ensuring you do not place the health and safety of yourself or any other person at risk.
- Highest level of written attention to detail;
- In-depth capture coordination/proposal book-keeper role in multiple aligned market sectors;
- High level of written and verbal communication skills;
- High level desk top publishing / graphics / editing skills;
- High level proficiency in Office Suite (particularly MS Word);
- Ability to deliver tasks on time and with a high degree of accuracy;
- Demonstrated initiative, trust and reliability and the ability to work unsupervised;
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders.
- Australian Citizen (AGSVA Clearance highly regarded);
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be details oriented and outcome focused;
- Be a clear communicator both written and verbal;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" in Australia.
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Emma in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on 08 8252 7100.