Nova Systems is the largest Australian owned and controlled Defence engineering services company. Since our foundation in Adelaide 20 years ago, Nova Systems and its people have been providing sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force – playing a critical role in the defence and security of our nation.As an organisation which has grown from two employees 20 years ago, to over 850 full time employees and active sub-contractors across Australia and around the globe, we are accustomed to navigating and finding solutions to solve the problems that matter with pace and agility. With revenue of over AUD 200 million, Nova Systems is a significant contributor to the Australian economy and national supply chain – providing jobs for Australians and contributing to the nation’s GDP.About the opportunity: Nova Systems is seeking a suitably qualified Trials Manager to support the Modernisation of Maritime Electronic Warfare Project (MMEW). The MMEW project is responsible for developing the next generation of Integrated Maritime EW capabilities for Defence. The Trials Manager will be responsible for planning and conduct of major test events incorporating a range of both in-service and developmental platforms and systems. In performing this role, the Trials Manager will need to support trials planning (preparing of plans, trial management documentation, meetings, and lead, co-ordination and conduct of Trial Readiness Reviews), trials execution (trial logistics (material and personnel), co-ordination of day to day trial execution) and post-trial wash-up activities. Depending on trial scope (and associated risk) the Trials Manager may at times be designated as the Trials Director. As a preference, you will have significant experience in running Defence Test and Trials or OT&E developed activities in either LAND, Joint and/or Maritime/Aerospace or Communications / SATCOM programs.What will you be involved in:
What we would like from you:
- Developing, Running and Reporting on a range of Test and Trials activities for our CoA client;
- Completion of client OT&E objectives;
- Liaising and coordinating Test and Trials activities with the Dept of Defence;
- Advising clients on Test and Trials matters.
- Australian Citizen with a current or recently suspended AGSVA clearance (NV1 desirable);
- A BACH Degree (preferred) or a Diploma or technical qualification;
- Demonstrable experience as a Test and Trials practitioner (Army or Navy) or;
- Demonstrable experience as a Test and Evaluation practitioner (Defence);
- Experience developing Test and Trials document suite (preferred) or experience in developing systems engineering document suites (Test/Operational Concept Document, T&E/Engineering Master Plan);
- Experience developing, running, and reporting on Test and Trials Activities or Design/Systems Engineering Activities (desirable);
- Highly regarded test professions include Test and Trials Project Managers/Practitioners, Flight Test Engineer and/or Flight Test Pilot.
What you get beyond the pay cheque: With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible, career driven and can work independently or part of a team;
- Willingness to travel at times.
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call Emma in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100. Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitations.
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!