About the opportunity:
JNT9102 is Defence’s Future SATCOM Program that will deliver the ADF’s next generation of satellite communications capability, to be known as the Australian Defence SATCOM System (ASDSS). The ASDSS is to enable the joint command and control of deployed joint task forces through resilient and responsive communications beyond the range and capacity of other communication systems. The ASDSS will include new space segment capabilities as well as providing an updated / evolved ground segment and control segment, building on the systems and infrastructure delivered under the JP2008 program over the past decade.Involvement in JNT9102 will position personnel at the forefront of satellite communication technology and capability acquisition in Australia. With the establishment of the Australian Space Agency in 2018 and the resultant increase in Space industry within Australia, this is an exciting opportunity to become involved in Australia’s future in Space.We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Manager, who specialises in Acquisition and Logistics Engineering, to join our Canberra team.The position will support the JNT9102 Acquisition Project Office ILS team with RFT tailoring and response evaluation and other supporting tasks related to the materiel logistics program, supportability concept development, ILS Plan development, training and gate documentation development as the project progresses towards Gate 2.
What you will be involved in:
What we would like from you:
- Manage the project workflows and resources including responsibility for milestones and outcomes;
- Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and the acquisition contractor;
- Review, monitor and report on Logistics analysis;
- Understand and apply organisational processes and procedures in the development of Integrated Logistics Support Concepts, Analyses and Plans;
- Lead customer reviews of prime contractor deliverables.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
- Australian Citizen with an active or recently suspended NV1 AGSVA security clearance;
- Excellent understanding of ILS processes through acquisition and sustainment (including knowledge of ILS policies);
- Logistics engineering (including logistics support analysis (LSA), Reliability, Maintainability, Availability (RAM), Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), and Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA);
- Experience and understanding of the Logistics IT tools used in Defence and SPO’s;
- Experience and presence in leading and managing a team;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Purchase Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Emma in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.