GVH Aerospace is a global civil aerospace company providing engineering and operational solutions to help our clients achieve competitiveness and meet their business objectives. With our EASA Part 21J, Subpart P and CASA design approvals, we provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to our customers, including commercial aircraft and business jet operators, helicopter operators and special mission/aeromedical operators. Our design centres in Europe, Asia and Australia provide round-the-clock support to all our customers globally. GVH Aerospace is a member of the Nova Group of Companies.
About the role:
As the Chief of the Office of Airworthiness, you are responsible for all aspects of the function of the GVH Aerospace Office of Airworthiness within the EASA approved Design Organisation. You are required to comply with the requirements of your employment contract, the GVH Aerospace policies and Design Organisation Handbooks, and the Nova Group Business Management System. Your position as the Chief of the Office of Airworthiness requires EASA approval via a Form 4 application.
Your responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring that the work undertaken by the GVH Aerospace design organisation complies with the requirements of the Design Organisation Handbook.
- Classifying changes and repairs.
- Verifying compliance of design work within your technical discipline.
- Signing Minor change and repair approvals once satisfied that all certification requirements have been met.
- Communicating with EASA on all aspects of airworthiness.
- Assessing and authorising members of the Design Organisation as Office of Airworthiness and Compliance Verification Engineer signatories, and drawing/document checkers.
- Reviewing and amending the Design Organisation Handbook in the interests of continuous improvement, and to ensure ongoing compliance with EASA regulations.
- Providing guidance to members of the Design Organisation on all aspects of airworthiness and certification compliance.
- Working collaboratively with the Chief Technical Officer to disseminate relevant regulatory information to the Design Organisation.
- Working collaboratively with the Operations Directors and Chief Technical Officer to define capability requirements and to assist with professional development of employees.
- Representing GVH Aerospace in various EASA regulatory and airworthiness related forums.
- Adhering to company guidelines and standard operating procedures as set down by the company.
- Complying with all Nova Group and GVH Aerospace WHS policies and procedures and ensuring you do not place the health and safety of yourself or any other person at risk.
Essential Skills / experience
- Extensive experience with certification of civil aerospace modifications in an EASA Approved Design Organisation, or equivalent.
- Experience verifying compliance with CS/FAR regulatory requirements within your technical discipline.
- Deep working knowledge of EASA Part 21 Subpart J Design Organisation Approval requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective guidance and mentoring to technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with locally based and geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships with senior executives, peers, clients and subcontractors.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute beyond contracted rate of effort when required.
- Demonstrated strong initiative, trust and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and being a self-starter.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous experience or post holder of an EASA Form 4 position.
- Experience working within an EASA Part 21 Subpart P (Permit to Fly) approved organisation.
- Experience working with aircraft level modifications on both rotary and fixed wing aircraft.
- Demonstrated history of working on and leading a varied range of successful STC projects
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Professional Development allowance;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Annual conference
To apply, please click on the apply button submitting your resume and cover letter. For further information, please call Jason (AUST) 61 8 8252 7100 or Emma (UK) 44 1202 297230
No recruitment agencies.