About the role:
We have immediate opportunities for Project Support Officers / Assistant Project Managers to join our Canberra operations supporting Defence projects. Our Project Support Officers and Assistant Project Managers will work across projects in Defence Aerospace, Communications, Maritime and Land programs that are delivering strategic capability for Australia.
What you could be involved in:May include but not limited to:
What we would like from you:
- Assist in the delivery of project outcomes;
- Drafting and reviewing of Project documentation, reports and briefs;
- Development and maintenance of Project schedules;
- Engagement with internal and external stakeholders;
- Secretariat duties for Project Teams;
- Project administration including managing project documents in corporate document management systems;
- Facilitate Domestic and International travel;
- Prepare and distribute project, financial and resource reports;
- Probity briefing coordination for the client;
- Facilitate Induction for new employees.
What is it like to work with us:
- Australian Citizen with potential to gain an AGSVA clearance (Essential);
- Exposure to Defence Industry;
- Previous experience in a project management or project support officer role;
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite and PDF software;
- Working knowledge of Professional Services Automation / an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software such as Open Air;
- Experience working with other Project Management tools, SharePoint and/or Databases;
- Experience with the Defence Records Management System (DRMS);
- Cert IV Project Management or similar qualification;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated prioritisation and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in the workplace;
- Hold a current driver’s license.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" in Australia.Permanent Employee Benefits
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Purchase Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Serena in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.