Nova Systems is the largest Australian owned and controlled Defence engineering services company. Since our foundation in Adelaide 20 years ago, Nova Systems and its people have been providing sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force – playing a critical role in the defence and security of our nation.
As an organisation which has grown from two employees 20 years ago, to over 850 full time employees and active sub-contractors across Australia and around the globe, we are accustomed to navigating and finding solutions to solve the problems that matter with pace and agility.
With revenue of over AUD 200 million, Nova Systems is a significant contributor to the Australian economy and national supply chain – providing jobs for Australians and contributing to the nation’s GDP.About the opportunity:The Nova Tactical Data Link (TDL) team encompasses personnel who have both operational and technical knowledge of ADF, US, and NATO TDL systems. The wide range of experience, and technical knowledge provides diversity across our team and delivers a comprehensive grasp of tactics, techniques and procedures across the Joint, Maritime, Air and Land domains all levels.Nova is currently supporting the Department of Defence providing technical support, direct to ADF operations through the ADF Joint Interface Control Cell (JICC) within Headquarters Joint Operations Command (HQJOC).Nova is looking to grow its TDL team and are seeking dynamic and committed TDL specialists.
What will you be involved in:
- Providing operator level support to ADF Command elements;
- Offer technical input to assist understanding of current operational, new or updated platforms capabilities;
- Conduct analysis to assist remediation of experienced or potential impacts to operational networks supporting ADF operations;
- Where appropriate recommend processes and procedural changes to assist Joint Interface Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Liaise with key operational stakeholders to aid in the resolution of platform anomalies;
- Assist with peer reviews of system capabilities and undertake functionality assessments;
- Working diverse routines in support of ADF Operations.
- Australian Citizen with a current or recently suspended AGSVA NV2 clearance;
- Demonstrated experience as a Track Supervisor or Track Data Coordinator;
- Demonstrated experience operating Link 11, Link 16, JREAP and other Beyond Line of Site (BLOS) systems;
- Current operational and technical knowledge of multinational TDL environments;
- Current experience and sound knowledge of live operational TDL networks;
- Ability to recognise faults and recommend solutions to rectify critical problems within live networks;
- Firm grasp of the technical capabilities for TDL hardware and platforms integrated within networks;
- Sound understanding of TDL RF operations and BLOS configurations;
- Completed any of the following courses: Joint Interface Control Officer (JT-301), Multi-TDL Planners Course (JT-201), Operation of Air Defense System Integrator (ADSI) V14 or later, Deployable System Operators (DSOC) course, Amalgamated Remote Monitoring System (ARMS) use course, or other Link Monitoring and or analysis tools, Joint Range Extension (JRE);
- Understanding the TDL Network Design process;
- Experience working in a Joint operational environment;
- Experience providing analysis of systems and preparing high level briefs.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to consult to a diverse group of clients;
- Willingness to learn;
- Have sound communication techniques both written and verbal;
- Integrate into a diverse team environment.
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call Monika in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitations.